SJ Allen has a dedicated fleet of vacuum trucks ready and available
A vacuum truck supports a heavy duty vacuum designed to load solids, liquids, sludge or slurry through suction and heavy duty suction lines.
SJ Allen is available seven days a week to clean out any waste requiring the use of a Vacuum Truck.
- Spills and over flows
- Factory wash downs and maintenance
- Liquid waste management
- Regular maintenance of sumps/traps
- Council compliant liquid waste disposal
Call SJ Allen today.
Commercial & Industrial CCTV
SJ Allen's CCTV service films commercial & Industrial sewer pipes and storm water drains with closed-circuit television cameras (CCTV). These show clearly root masses, flaws in joints, shingle build-up, bursts, breaks & pests.
Our CCTV units use the latest technology of pan and tilt self-propelled tractor cameras. Plus they have state-of-the-art win cam systems for data recording and reporting, which means we can fire electronic and hard copy imaging to you at the touch of a button.
Once CCTV has identified the problem, SJ Allen's enormously powerful water blasters will deal to it. Nothing cleans like H20 at 3,000 plus psi. Water at this pressure can cut through timber like a saw, obliterate tree roots, remove thick accumulations of paint and take barnacles off the hulls of ships.
Used in conjunction with water blasting, CCTV from SJ Allen is an effective and efficient maintenance tool for below ground infrastructure.
- Identify industrial waste lines
- Inspections of factory lines
- Inspection of breakages and blockages
Plumbing & Drainlaying
Need a plumber?
SJ Allen now provide a fully comprehensive plumbing & drainlaying service! Our experienced plumbers deliver workmanship and customer service 2nd to none. If you need a trusted, qualified plumbing professional then don’t hesitate to contact SJ Allen today for a free quote.
Commercial and Construction
SJ Allen provide a full range of commercial and construction services from commercial buildings, shop fit outs, restaurant fit outs, farming, new housing development, as well as Back flow prevention installation.
- General plumbing
- Grease trap supply and installation
- Interceptor supply and installation
- Yard sumps supply and installation
- Filter traps supply and installation
- New home build plumbing
No job is too big or small. We service small commercial jobs to major Council contracts.
Portable Amenity Units
SJ Allen Limited provide a high quality range of commercial portable amenity units.
With uses ranging from events, festivles, building sites, admin/site offices, break/lunch rooms, cleaning facilities, storage solutions and more, our portable portable amenity units are well designed with simple delivery and installation options.
A perfect option for either short or long term use, SJ Allen Limited offers an affordable and reliable option to suit your requirements and specific usage.
We are proud to provided solutions to our customer base and whether you are large, small, private, commercial or public, we are your portable amenity units specialists.
We provide a range of accessories that ensure your portable building solution exceeds your expectations and consist of but not limited to the following..
- Cups - Coffee/Sugar/Tea
- Cleaning products
- Toilet paper
- Hand soap
- Hand towels
- Pin board
- Computer desk
- power supply
- Water Connection
- Self-contained waste holding tank
Units can be built to almost any specification required, depending on time-frame of delivery. We are happy to discuss all or any requirements you may have. Units are stackable if required and in accordance to site conformation.
What is a Grease Trap?
A grease trap is a device designed to intercept grease in a foul water discharge.
Why cleaning your grease trap is important..
Disposing properly of used fats and oils is very important. If you don't, they can cause expensive problems later. Fats will become solid and eventually block your pipes requiring a plumber to to clear.
Avoid costly repairs.. Cleaning the trap should be done regularly - once a month is usually alright but it depends on your type of business and how much fat is going into the grease trap. Three months would be the maximum.
SJ Allen specialises in design, manufacturing and distribution of grease traps and oil separators. Our products meet New Zealand standards and comply wastewater regulations.
We are South Canterbury's No1 Grease Trap solution and provide a wide range of waste water treatment systems.
We offers a fully dedicated backup service and installation consultancy. Call SJ Allen today.
Qualified Staff Hire
Industry Qualified Council Staff Hire
SJ Allen have a team of Confined Space industry qualified staff on call for all Council Contracting requirements.
SJ Allen operates within regulatory guidelines including the following:
- Securing a safe atmosphere
- Risk Assessment
- Legal Responsibilities
- Functional respiration
- Atmospheric testing
- Standby person and rescue considerations
- Hazard management
- Preventative Measures
Working at Heights
Industry Qualified Staff - Working At Heights
Preventing falls from, or injuries and damage attributed to height is a priority for anyone requiring service at heights. There are many risks associated with working at heights and it is mandatory for any operations to be actively managed according industry regulations to avoid harm.
SJ Allen have a team of ‘Working at Heights’ industry qualified staff to operate within safety guidelines and to regulation, including the following:
- Safety & Risk Assessments
- Legal Responsibilities
- Relevant Permits
- Tools, Ropes, Scaffoldings, ladders, harness etc checked & maintained according to compliance
- Foundation Testing
- Rescue considerations
- Hazard management
- Preventative Measures
Call SJ Allen now to arrange a quote or onsite consultation
Water Tank Cleaning
Does your company utilize its own private water supply? If you have a rainwater tank connected to your commercial roofing or nearby stream, bore or well It is essential to have your Water Tanks cleaned out on a regular basis.
Sludge and contaminants build up in the bottom of the tank from debris entering the system generally through the roof and guttering. This sludge can contain harmful bacteria and can pose a significant health risk. Regular maintenance helps avoid costly blockages of pipes and pump systems and helps ensure the purity of your drinking water supply.
SJ Allen Water Tank Cleaning encourages regular check ups and annual tank cleaning. Safe water is an absolute necessity. Our specialist equipment efficiently removes sludge and contaminants from your tank.
To arrange a Commercial Tank Cleaning consultation, don’t hesitate to call or email today.
SJ Allen has a wealth of water cartage and delivery experience, and provides a comprehensive service to anyone requiring water cart services.
- Dust suppression
- Machinery use eg. drilling riggs, concrete cutters, line boring machines
From council construction and road maintenance, dust suppression, tank filling and water collection, SJ Allen’s pristine fleet of vehicles and qualified operators are ready to assist.
A NEW WAVE IN EXCAVATION
Hydro excavation uses high-pressure water instead of manual chipping. It is more precise than standard excavator operation and faster than hand digging.
The grace of excavation, hydro excavators:
- Will not damage tree roots – ideal in urban environments
- Reduce risk of services strike – has been made mandatory in overseas cities (e.g. Brisbane following a three-day power outage)
Powerful vacuums then remove the excavated clay and soil, gravels, base course, and rocks (ranging to the size of a fist). With hydro excavation, excavation risks are literally 'washed away'.
HYDRO EXCAVATION CAPABILITIES
- Open trenching – without prior potholing
- Potholing and investigation
- Services identification/confirmation
- Working around tree roots/services
- Lighting pole installation
- Pile drilling
BENEFITS TO YOU
Cost-Effectiveness, Speed and Efficiency
- At least three times faster than hand digging
- Confident drilling around tree roots and services
- No need to waste time and money on potholing prior to open trenching
- One vehicle does it all – no need for excavators, dump trucks and hand diggers
- Greater capacity water and waste holding – can run all day without leaving site
- Experienced crews adjust pressures and methods for optimal productivity
- Greater precision than standard excavators
- Won’t cut through services – reduced risk of electrocution/explosion and the cost of service interruption
- Won’t cut through tree roots – resource consent compliance and arborist satisfaction
- Full range of safety features: GPS, beacons and alarms, earthing rods and wires, gas detectors (as required), and rubber-insulated top
- All waste contained in vacuum tank – no mess in residential/commercial areas
- No complaints about services interruptions to homes, shops and offices
- Dust all but eliminated
- No harm to heritage/protected trees
Hydro excavators make life easier. You don’t have to clear any mess away and they eliminate the need for diggers. Productivity is much faster than hand digging. In the future, Councils will probably make hydro excavators for potholing compulsory. It just eliminates the risk.
SJ Allen has multiple water blasting trucks for a wide range of commercial service provision from store cleaning, drain cleaning and pipe unblocking to dairy shed cleaning and preparing surfaces for pre-painting.
By using vacuum trucks and water blasters, we can also clean grain silos, feed silos, molasses tanks and any other agricultural storage facilities.
We offer varying pressures and volumes from 1300psi to 3000psi. Our water blasters are capable of pumping up to 280 litres of water a minute! SJ Allen Water Blasting are equipped with various size nozzles to cope with a wide variety of applications, including:
SJ Allen’s Domestic Water Blasting service consists of Fence, Pathway, Driveway, Cobblestone, Deck, Swimming Pool, House Wall and Roof blasting.
- Clearing blocked Culverts
- Clearing blocked drains
- Cow shed cleaning
- Removal of silt from yards and platform drains.
- Irrigation pipe cleaning
- Root Cutting - don't dig, try us firs.
- Toilet or Septic Tank blockage
- Storm Water Blockage
- Silo cleaning
- Pre painting/pre work for buildings, fences and roofs
- Clearing of blocked pipes
- Cleaning of sewer and stormwater pipes
- Clearing of road culverts
- Exposing concrete aggregate on walls, patios, paths, etc
- Cleaning construction equipment, especially hardened concrete, tar, etc
- Cleaning building exteriors and roofs of dirt, old paint, moss, etc
- Cleaning of concrete or metal bridges
- Cleaning of bridge and other construction expansion joints
- De-scaling of boiler tubes and heat exchanges both internally and externally
- The removal of waste or spillage from machinery, gratings or walls
- Vacu-jet for removal of sludge, silt, sand, etc
- Alliance Group – Pukeuri
- major sub-contractor undertaking waterblasting clean-up after the major fire at the Pukeuri Plant
- included in the contract was the waterblasting of non-slip surfaces into concrete flooring
- Eastridge Irrigation Scheme – Patearoa
- currently undertaking waterblasting of inside of 1200 diameter irrigation pipes in preparation for application of protective coating.
- Timaru District Council – Caroline Bay
- clean out of Pump Station and waterblasting in preparation for painting
- Kakahu Irrigation Scheme – Geraldine
- waterblasting debris build-up from irrigation culverts